Cannot build on Windows
|Reported by:||bitdav||Owned by:|
|Priority:||low||Milestone:||Common Outstanding Tasks|
|Keywords:||windows build compile install||Cc:|
|Feature Depending on Ticket:||Build and Install Bind 10 on Windows||Estimated Difficulty:||0|
|Add Hours to Ticket:||0||Total Hours:||0|
- There is still no documentation / user guide for building Bind 10 on Windows as of this time.
- The only documentation which contains the keyword "Windows" is just the following statement: "It is planned for BIND 10 to build, install and run on Windows and standard Unix-type platforms."
- There is a folder "win32utils" I've found in Bind 9 distribution, but not sure why it's removed in Bind 10.
- I've searched for this on Google, still no related information could be found... it seems that nobody has successfully built Bind 10 on Windows as of this time.
- Since there's no Bind 10 binary distributions for Windows, building from source is the only way ...
- All of the "Client" editions of Windows don't have a DNS server, so Bind 10 is very very important for any Windows users that require a DNS server ...
Change History (4)
comment:2 Changed 14 months ago by jreed
- Defect Severity changed from High to Low
- Priority changed from high to low
comment:3 Changed 12 months ago by tomek
- Milestone changed from New Tasks to Common Outstanding Tasks
Note: See TracTickets for help on using tickets.