Changes between Version 1 and Version 2 of WeeklyMinutes20100422


Ignore:
Timestamp:
Apr 22, 2010, 3:30:15 PM (8 years ago)
Author:
shane
Comment:

--

Legend:

Unmodified
Added
Removed
Modified
  • WeeklyMinutes20100422

    v1 v2  
    11= Attendees =
    22
    3 
    4 
    53{{{
    6 
     4Jeremy
     5Michael
     6Likun
     7Feng
     8Shane
     9Jin
     10Ting Ting
     11Jerry
     12Jinmei
     13Fujiwara
     14Jelte
     15Larissa
     16Kambe
     17Shawn
    718}}}
    8 
    9 
    10 Jinmei
    11 
    12 Likun
    13 
    14 Jelte
    15 
    16 Fujiwara
    17 
    18 Shawn
    19 
    20 Michael
    21 
    22 Jeremy
    23 
    24 Hankins
    25 
    26 Shane
    27 
    28 Larissa
    29 
    30 Kambe
    31 
    32 Evan
    33 
    34 
    3519
    3620= AP from Previous Weeks =
    3721
    38 
    39 
    4022  * Jeremy to investigate logging bot for Jabber room
    4123
     24Jeremy: Michael had provided a style sheet, had some suggestions on how to improve it. Publish what I have now or wait for improvement?
    4225
     26Michael: It's on the test site I pointed to. You can grab it from there.
    4327
    4428  * Michael to write blog entry about SQLite3
    4529
    46 
     30Done!
    4731
    4832  * Shane will mail proposal about new categories and milestones to list.
    4933
    50 
    51 
    5234Shane: Not done.
    53 
    54 
    5535
    5636  * Michael to write mail with motivation & description of DNS conformance test.
    5737
    58 
    59 
    60 Michael: Not done.
    61 
    62 
     38Michael: Not done. Decided to include it in what I will be talking about in China in the form of slides & demos and stuff.
    6339
    6440  * Jelte to write blog entry about Python wrapper.
    6541
    66 
    67 
    6842Jelte: I do want to write that, but wait until we have a final decision and something more complete.
    6943
     44  * Evan to send mail to bind10-dev about adapting workflow to the tool rather than other way around
    7045
    71    * Evan to send mail to bind10-dev about adapting workflow to the tool rather than other way around
     46Jinmei: Saw mail about version control, but did not see workflow proposals.
    7247
     48Shane: Yeah...
    7349
     50  * Shane to find out how things get paid for in Beijing
    7451
    75    * Shane to find out how things get paid for in Beijing
     52Shane: Don't know, will find out tomorrow.
    7653
    7754= Y2r01 release =
    7855
     56  * Mini-post mortem
    7957
    80 
    81    * Mini-post mortem
     58Jeremy: Discussion will wait until face to face - 15 minutes to talk about steps gone through in last 2 releases.
    8259
    8360= Mascot Contest =
    8461
     62Shane: Open to all. See announcement.
     63
    8564= Face to Face meeting =
     65
     66Michael: I'd like to talk about "continuous integration" next week.
    8667
    8768= AOB =
    8869
     70Jinmei: I'd like to know whether someone, especially Jeremy, has an update on ticket #148. This is about identifying Boost libraries in the configure script. I made a patch and put it in the review queue.
    8971
     72Jeremy: I saw this but have not had a chance to review it. Maybe I'll try it tomorrow morning, sorry for the delay.
     73
     74Jinmei: Not urgent but I wasn't sure whether it is visible to others. I'm not sure if this is the right approach. It tries really hard so we can avoid explicit configuration. This might be too much.
     75
     76Shane: I haven't looked at in specific, but in general I like things that try really hard. Having things "just work" is good.
     77
     78Jinmei: Another point is that we might want to remove the dependency on the executable part of external libraries. In which case we don't need this type of hack at all.
     79
     80Jelte: In fact I think these kind of things are an important reason not to depend on it.
     81
     82Jeremy: One related comment: it seems like fewer and fewer of our small team is actually running all of the BIND 10 components. It comes down to only Likun, Jinmei, and myself are using xfrin and xfrout. Maybe we can discuss next week?
     83
     84Jelte: I had compilation problems and I will try to run now.
     85
     86Shane: I was being a bit lazy and will install the version on my server now.
     87
     88Jelte: You need to really, really tell Boost to use Python 3.1. I can help. It's simple once you know how.
     89
     90----
     91
     92Shawn: Python wrapper writing tutorial might be useful.
     93
     94Shane: Okay, will shift around.
     95
     96Larissa: Makes sense since DHCP will have the same problem.